ExtraHop is a network appliance that monitors and analyzes all business-critical transactions in real-time.
Monitoring occurs agentless from L2 to L7 across the network for Web, databases and storage devices in both physical and virtual environments. The system answers questions such as how to identify:
- Small problems before they result in downtime
- Where debugging efforts should be concentrated, be it on the network, servers, or at the client
- The basic problem for the malfunction
The truly scalable solution from Extrahop combines diagnostics with an understanding of the application's perceived performance (i.e. the user experience). The system provides the necessary real-time visibility of application performance required to identify faults. Disturbances can thus be captured and debugged and fixed proactively, before they turn into real system failure or unacceptable performance.
While many tools rely on legacy technologies such as NetFlow, SNMP and custom performance agents, Extrahop performs complete power and content analysis to extract and archive valuable performance / health information in a real-time database.
- Cross-transparency over several layers including network, web, database and storage (L2-L7) transactions
- Scalability: Analysis of hundreds of thousands of transactions every second, for up to 10Gbps, over tens of thousands of units
- Ease of Installation: Within 15 minutes start automatic identification and classification of applications, devices without the need for agents and other overhead
Watch a 4-minute movie on how the failed transactions can be avoided:
ExtraHop has changed the face of the "Application Performance Management". The company is a pioneer in the field by delivering the industry's first passive network appliance. The solution works without agents or other overhead that usually are a source of error and can lead to performance degredation.